7 entertaining facts about the cult object Eames Lounge and Ottoman by Vitra in our regular feature.
1. Frame of modern seats Eames Lounge and Ottoman is made of seven layers of plywood, while the older models of these layers was five.
2. Authors chairs American designers Ray (1912-1988) and Charles (1907-1978) Eames.
5. Imzy chair invented in 1956 as a gift to his friend Billy Wilder, the director of the film “Some Like It Hot.”
6. Heel shoes Eamz, who came up with Rem Koolhaas D. (relative and namesake of the famous Dutch architect) for brand United Nude, copied from the legs chair Eames Lounge.
7. Since 1960, the chair Eames Lounge and Ottoman is a collection of New York’s MoMA, where in 2006 he was given a “personal” exhibition